Pineapple Cake with fresh cream icing
Baking cakes has always been my passion ever since i baked my first cake. From a very long time I wanted to make something very refreshing and nothing is more refreshing than fresh cream cake with pineapple flavor. So when I got an opportunity to make this cake, I just grabbed it. I made this cake for a friend's birthday. The cake came out nice and moist and extremely tasty. The recipe below makes one 6 inch round cake, I have doubled the recipe and made 2 cakes.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree C for about 15 mins.
- Sieve all purpose flour and baking powder together.
- In a seperate bowl beat melted butter and sugar for a min, beat in the eggs one by one.
- Beat this mixture for about 10 mins or until it hold soft peaks.
- Fold in the all purpose flour mixture in the egg mixture and beat on slow for a min.
- Add in the vanilla and pineapple essence.
- Grease a 6inch round baking tin and gently fold the batter into it and bake for about 30 to 35 mins.
- You can test the cake by inserting a sharp knife, if the knife comes out clean, its done.
- Beat the heavy whipping cream and sugar together for 15 - 20 mins until it doubles in volume and stiff peaks form.
- Place the bottom layer of the cake, sprinkle some pineapple sugar syrup(Prepare pineapple sugar syrup by mixing pineapple juice and sugar). This gives nice pineapple taste and moistens the cake well.
- Spread fresh cream and top it with pineapple pieces.
- Put the second layer of the cake on this and repeat the procedure.