Friday, September 2, 2011

Eggless Black Forest Cake - Step by step Pictorial

Dear All,

Eggless Black Forest Cake Recipe
Today I am going share a tutorial with you for baking an eggless black forest cake with step by step instructions. Hope this is helpful to all who are scared of baking cakes and will find courage and encouragement from this post to bake one successfully! I bakes this cake for my dad's 60th birthday for which we gave him a surprise birthday party :) The cake came out beautiful and was loved by everyone! It was moist and delicious!




I have just adapted the recipe which I used here in my earlier Eggless Chocolate Cake.
Now lets get started with the procedure without any further delays!

Ingredients For Cake:-
225 gms all purpose flour ie maida
1/2 cup unsalted butter ie 110 gms
4 tbsp of cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tin sweetened condensed milk ie 400 gms
2 tsp of vanilla essence or seeds from 1 vanilla bean scrapped
200 ml coke or pepsi

Ingredients For Icing:-
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup or more chocolate curls or shavings
1/2 cup cherries, remove the seeds and slice it in half

For sugar syrup - Mix 4 to 5 tbsp of sugar in half cup of water.



Procedure:-
  • Grease and flour a 9 inch square baking pan, preheat the oven at 190 degrees C.
Photobucket

  • Measure all the dry ingredients ie flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
Photobucket

  • Sieve the dry ingredients.
Photobucket


Photobucket

  • Melt the butter in microwave and cool it completely.
Photobucket
  • Beat together condensed milk and butter until its light and cream.
Photobucket

  • Add in your vanilla essence or scrapped vanilla beans which I have used.
Photobucket

  • Beat it together until its well mixed.
Photobucket

  • Now start adding the dry ingredients along with little coke at a time and beat slowly, follow this until all the dry ingredients is well blended and you get a uniform batter.
Photobucket
  • This is how your final batter will look like.
Photobucket
  • Pour the batter in the prepared baking tin and bake for 35 to 40 mins until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Photobucket

Your final baked cake will look something like this :)

Photobucket

  • Once its baked..remove from oven and cool it completely before inverting.
Photobucket

  • Now lets prepare the icing for the cake, take 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and beat it on high for 8 to 10 mins until its stiff enough and hold its shape. To make sure if the cream is ready it should give peaks.
Photobucket

  • Cut the cake from middle and divide into two and moisturize it using the sugar syrup we made earlier.This will help to keep the sponge moist and soft.
Photobucket

  • Spread an even layer of fresh cream icing, top it with dark chocolate curls and cherries.
Photobucket
  • Again top it with fresh cream, this will make sure your filling is in place.
Photobucket

  • After topping with cream it will look something like below.
Photobucket

  • Place the other half layer of cake carefully on the top and start covering the sides and top of the cake with the remaining icing. Before covering the sides of the cake do not forget to moisturize the top using the sugar syrup. Drizzle some syrup on top using spoon.
Photobucket
  • Try to cover the sides and top as evenly as possible, don't worry too much if its uneven as anyways we will be covering it up with chocolates and cherries.
Photobucket

  • For the sides you can simple sprinkle some chocolate curls or chocolate sprinkles but I have made a border out of melted chocolate and stuck the same on all four sides.
Photobucket
  • Finally decorate the top of the cake with lots of chocolate curls and cherries, this decoration can be as you like, let you imagination play wild. I have kept it simple here.
Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake Recipe

Hope you all enjoyed the tutorial and do let me know if you have any other requests for tutorial and I will try post the same.

Love,




86 comments:

  1. Wow...Parita...it seems I have hit upon a treasure...I will keep coming back to check on all the baking recipes...wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have kept it simple huh., This is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the step wise pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous n very inviting cake.. made it to perfection n the pics make me drool they r so yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and drool worthy blackforest :) I can even eat the whole cake right now :) loving it :)

    Convey my belated birthday wishes to your dad :) He should have been super happy to see his daughter baking a cake for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! really amazing step by step pics. The cake looks excellent , moist and perfectly baked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous and droolworthy,thanks for sharing the stepwise pics,useful for many of us..

    My belated birthday wishes to ur dad..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool and nice cake. I too make like this, but still yet to try icing. Will try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parita, it's looks so yummy. I am defenatity going to gain kgs as I am stucked to your blog. I did try meti malai mutter and it turn out so yummyyyyyyy. kissies form soon to be a small fat lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Want to grab a piece..loved it and lovely color..such a spongy cake..

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cake is so soft and spongy...It's lovely and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Pari,

    Great recipe, cann you let me know where in Pune can I find heavy whipping cream. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...U nailed this one gurl!!! Perfecto!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. cake looks perfect...well explained

    Aarthi@MunchMunchCrunchCrunch
    New Event - HLI-DATES

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eggless Black Forest Cake looks Simply Perfect. Clicks are wonderful.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely!!! want a bite plzzz.....
    Appreciate for the effort taken for step wise pitures and breif explanation.....
    thanq dear....

    ReplyDelete
  16. so beautifully done parita, as always I love your cakes!, You know I am great fan of all your cakes, as always you rock girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pictorial presented in very simple manner, nice to see real time baking steps. Thanks Parita.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely pictorial and yummy looking cake

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow ! I enjoy these step-by-step recipes, you really have a lot of patience ! Cake looks awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Parita,
    Awesome cake n icing,I too have a passion for baking, thanx for sharing :)
    http://liferocks-priya.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweet-tooth-p.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cake looks gorgeous :) thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cake luks delicious and I loved the chocolate curls design u used on sides...Which chocolate did u use to make the design??
    BTW Birthday Wishes To Ur Dad :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you everyone for your kind comments!
    @Pari, you can find heavy whipping cream in Spencers, it comes in packaging of 250 ml or 200 ml sorry not able to remember the exact name,I have used Rich's whip topping this one is more trickier to get as its not easily available everyone but you can check with stores storing baking and chocolate making items, it should be available with them.
    @Kavya, I used dark chocolate for making the border.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wonderful presentation and I just love your blog. I am so impressed by your cake recipes ! I have bookmarked your recipes and will try them for sure

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic Parita! The pictorial is great as is the cake :) cheers priya

    ReplyDelete
  26. Like I promised, Parita, you're the first to know - I baked some cupcakes and they turned out, well, not bad!! Do check it out at http://shocksandshoes.blogspot.com/2011/09/recipe-for-week-chocolate-cupcakes.html. Your tips would be greatly appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous cake! It sounds delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey.. I just came across here from another site. Must say ur site is really good and recipes looks yummy! m gonna have to try some. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I tried this at home Parita!! And it turned out just awesome following your recipes! Though I used a manual egg beater, gave my arms some workout too B-) Loved it!
    ♥Sukanya

    ReplyDelete
  30. And it's greater coz very rarely hav i been able to bake cakes properly cz I too dont take eggs! Thank you for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I tried ur eggless choco muffins from foodlyrics and just posted..Thanks for such a nice recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. 3 cute awards are waiting for you....do accept them..

    ReplyDelete
  33. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY MY .... Parita am out of words .... this is something i will dream everyday from now on ....
    I sware ....

    hey give me your address na .....
    will send my son ....
    i mean both of us will come for a treat ....
    awwww we loveeee this cake , am def. going to try this out and you wont believe my mouth is watering ...
    EXCUSE me ...
    will go and eat something :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. ohhhh now i know ...
    my son and you will rock babe ...
    he is also capri. :D :D am sure he will woo you with this gestures :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, great job Parita, loved your step by step presentation...

    ReplyDelete
  36. the cake looks simply delicious!!!!!the step by step pics are also great.

    ReplyDelete
  37. that looks like a perfect cake...

    ReplyDelete
  38. OMG...its looking delicious parita..
    absolutely yummylicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wowwww yummy recipes Parita :) I didbt know you are into cooking and all :) Following you!!
    im making methi mutter soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Parita,
    Such an easy recipe... Are can I bake cake in microwave. I have the LG one with convection/ gill/ mw options.

    ReplyDelete
  41. i like your food pictures and want to invite you to try out tastingspot.com. it's for anyone that just wants another place to submit photos and share it will other foodies.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Awsome and Great work.Luv ur recipes and this delicious blog .Luv to follow U.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks so much for the step-by-step tutorial. I appreciate a lot. This cake is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  44. The pictorial is wonderful and easy to follow! My birthday wishes to your dad! :) Love your blog, your style of writing and the variety of recipes!
    TastyVegCooking

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is just too good to be true. Such a beauty and thanks for the step by step tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  46. delicious dear..U have made it perfectly..Love to make this..

    Do visit my blog too
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. this is divine!!!believe me or not, I would share my techniques on how to play bingo and win it just for a piece of such a cake!!! oh I really need a gf)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow, black forest is my fav. iam craving for some .. Bookmarked ur awesome cake recipe. thnx a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Nice cake! How much should be the oven's temperature? - Parinita

    ReplyDelete
  50. hi parita gr8 recipe..keep up the good work.However I wanted to ask you the reason of using coke or pepsi in the black forest cake.I checked in other recipes of the same but they had not included it.please answer my query.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love black forest cake! I surely bookmark this recipes of yours and try to do it myself. Hope i could make it as good as you.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Parita , the cake looks great. You are amongst the first food blogs I got introduced to. it is my pleasure to invite you to my first blog event plus giveaway - Valentines Special. Do check it out and be a part of it. Would be great if you were there..!

    My event- Valentines Day Special

    ReplyDelete
  53. The pics are awesome, the steps are awesome and the cutie pie cake is beyond awesomeness:-)
    I guess we could use soda instead of coke or Pepsi.
    Thanks for sharing this valuable recipe.
    Cheers,
    Gurmeet

    ReplyDelete
  54. Lovely looking cake. Loved the eggless version of my all time favorite cake. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  55. OMG this is so amazing...the cake is awesome and the decor is gorgeous...do u also take orderS?

    ReplyDelete
  56. Woww it looks sooo yumm <3 Lovely tute!!!
    rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hi Parita!
    ur blog is so yummy lukin! em joining ur blog, as i luv makin cakes.

    U vl make me a gud gal in cooking!

    I see a gujju newspaper in one of ur pics...

    ReplyDelete
  58. Great tutorial, it looks delicious!
    http://moonshine709.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  59. Amazing tute!!! It looks sooo yumm <3 <3
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  60. Hi Parita, you have been tagged into a FUN POST. Check it out here (http://mumma-world.blogspot.in/2012/03/tag-o-mania.html)

    ReplyDelete
  61. first time here ...glad to follow you ...very yummy and too irresistable ....perfectly made ... visit my blog
    www.sriyafood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. Dear Parita
    I ve been a silent viewer here. tried ur eggless BF cake.
    ur step by step explanation could make any novice baker an expert in baking !!
    cake tasted awesome.
    but somehow I did nt like the pepsi taste in my cake. do u have any other suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Hi Mitha..thank you so much for reaching out dear and m glad the cake tasted awesome..you can use plain bottled soda instead of pepsi or coke..you can even use milk :) I just feel soda/coke helps in texture of cake better than milk :) hope this helps..do let me know if incase of any doubts :)

    ReplyDelete
  64. Hi Parita,
    Beautifully decorated cake. Would like to know which kitchen aid do u use?I am planning to buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Hey first time visitor here. The cake is just awesome.. Also the pictorial is very helpful. Glad to be your fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  66. wow parita,
    this is given in such a simple and easy to understand way! i want make one for myself & gorge on it :) i just love the borders u hve made with chocolate... awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  67. One if my favorite desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Wow....never thot that black forest can be baked at home too...delicious and beautiful Parita!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Oh wow Parita. looks great. you make it sound so easy:)

    ReplyDelete
  70. Hi Parita Great Recipe!! I wanted to know if I can use Sprite instead of coke/pepsi, Please let me know soon. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hi Anonymous, yes you can use sprite instead of coke or pepsi..you can even use plain soda water..hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  72. OH thank you, thank you, thank you !!!, I will try this, I hope it turns out like yours. Your awesome!!

    BTW my name is Beena =)

    ReplyDelete
  73. you are most welcome Beena..do let me know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  74. Hi Parita, Thanks for the recipe and they way to make it. The cake turned out great, thank you so much. Everyone loved the cake.

    -Beena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beena...m glad it turned great :)

      Delete
  75. Looks sooo nice and simple.. but i know it pretty difficult to make :(

    ReplyDelete
  76. Thanks for the recipe and came out well. It was my first try baking cake. Kids enjoyed helping me and wife was impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my kitchen. Please feel free to pen down your suggestions and comments. If you have any questions or queries please email me at paritasworld@gmail.com or leave a comment. I will try to answer it as soon as possible. Hope you enjoyed your visit here :)