I had packet of spaghetti pastas in my pantry from a very long time. Usually for my pastas i make the tomato sauce at home but that day i was feeling lazy after long days work to make the sauce as the result i made this spaghetti using Indian spices and veggies. I was extremely happy with the final results, spaghetti was delicious and spicy, totally mouth watering. Olive oil gives a very distinct taste which i love and its healthy too. I have used red bell peppers, onions and green beans for veggies, you can use various different combinations. Next time i'll add in some baby corns and spring onions. The below recipes serves 2 people. This dish is off to AFAM - Olives hosted by Priya started by Maheshwari . This dish also goes to FIC Red & Green hosted by Neha, started by Sunshinemom of TongueTicklers
1 small packet of spaghetti (Serve for 2 people)
1 cup veggies thinly sliced (green beans, onions and red bell peppers)
1 tsp olive oil
3 green chillies slit
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
Salt to taste
- Boil the spaghetti pasta along with little salt and 1tsp of olive oil till tender and cooked. Drain and keep aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat the olive oil, add in cumin seeds and split green chilies. As the cumin seeds start to splutter add in the veggies, red chili, turmeric, cumin and coriander powders and salt.
- Cover and cook for about 15 to 20 mins on low heat until cooked.
- For serving mix spaghetti and vegetables and serve hot.
- Garnish with spring onions and coriander.