Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mango Pound Cake - Step by step pictures

Hi All,
A life without love is like a year without summer
~ Swedish Proverb

Mango Pound Cake,Mango Cake,Mango butter cake,Tea Cake,Baking,Sweet Breads,Sweets and Desserts,Cakes

Summers always brings back memorable memories of school days when we used to wait desperately for our summer vacations!! I always used to accompany mom to buy green mangoes for making various sweet and spicy mango pickles. We used to make around 10kg's of mango pickle every year. Most of which we would share with our aunt's and uncle's families nevertheless it was fun to watch my ma and grandma making those yummy pickles. It was like a ritual which we used to follow every single year!




Summers are also special as we kids used to have so much of fun visiting each other's houses and playing games right from morning 8am till night 9pm. I remember most of the time my mom had to come down to fetch us home to eat dinner. I am sure my mom used to dread summer vacations as if she has to give an exam. I think for mom's its an exam everyday...atleast thats what my mom says even now Believe it or not we kids were quite naughty and fighting all the time. The thought of having 3 kids at home for 2 whole months is enough for mom's to go bonkers :) Wish we still had summer vacations..hope someone's listening :)


Mango Pound Cake,Mango Cake,Mango butter cake,Tea Cake,Baking,Sweet Breads,Sweets and Desserts,Cakes

When we are talking about summers, how can mangoes be left behind? Mangoes are probably the most loved fruit of all time and hence no wonder given the title of "King of Fruits". Honestly till date I feel its over exaggerated! Friends who know me better will know that mango is not one of my favorite fruit.Honestly I would skip it all the time but sometimes my mom corners me and I have to eat it purely out of guilt as my mom uses her tactics of letting me know how expensive these mangoes are :( On recent visit from my family ,dad got around a dozen mangoes for me! You know how parents feel about their kids living in a different city and not getting proper nutritious food.  I couldn't really send them back...and a good girl I am I promised to eat them all...almost!. I always wanted to try my hands on making a mango cake so what better way to use those plump and juicy mangoes than baking a pound cake out of it?

Mango Pound Cake
Serves 10 - 12
Recipe Adapted from Paula Deen's recipe here
 Ingredients:-
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh mango puree
4 small eggs or 3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract/essence

Procedure:-
  •  Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda and keep it aside
  • Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy , for about 3 to 5 mins

Mango Pound Cake,Mango Cake,Mango butter cake,Tea Cake,Baking,Sweet Breads,Sweets and Desserts,Cakes

  • Now add in the mango puree and beat until well combined.

Mango Pound Cake,Mango Cake,Mango butter cake,Tea Cake,Baking,Sweet Breads,Sweets and Desserts,Cakes

  • The texture and color of the mixture would be light pale yellow.

Mango Pound Cake,Mango Cake,Mango butter cake,Tea Cake,Baking,Sweet Breads,Sweets and Desserts,Cakes

  • Now beat in one egg at a time alternating with flour mixture. I used 4 eggs so started with an egg and ended with an egg.
Mango Pound Cake,Mango Cake,Mango butter cake,Tea Cake,Baking,Sweet Breads,Sweets and Desserts,Cakes
  • Finally add in your vanilla essence and beat lightly just until its incorporated.
Mango Pound Cake,Mango Cake,Mango butter cake,Tea Cake,Baking,Sweet Breads,Sweets and Desserts,Cakes
  • Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and flour a pound cake tin.
Mango Pound Cake,Mango Cake,Mango butter cake,Tea Cake,Baking,Sweet Breads,Sweets and Desserts,Cakes
  • Pour the batter into greased cake tin and tap lightly on the kitchen platform so that the mixture is evenly spread.
Mango Pound Cake,Mango Cake,Mango butter cake,Tea Cake,Baking,Sweet Breads,Sweets and Desserts,Cakes

  • Bake the cake for 45 to 50 mins until a knife inserted comes out clear. My cake was baked in exactly 50 mins.

Mango Pound Cake,Mango Cake,Mango butter cake,Tea Cake,Baking,Sweet Breads,Sweets and Desserts,Cakes

  • Remove the cake pan from oven and leave it to cool down completely. Once the cake as reached on room temperate, slice the cake and serve it with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or cherish the flavors of mango as it is!
Verdict:- One of the most softest cake I have ever made! Next time I will add in some roasted nuts to get some nutty flavor in the cake. Definately a keeper recipe! All mango lovers must try this for sure!


Love,



44 comments:

  1. HI Pari
    wonderful recipe, I too tried Vegan mango cake from Champa, it was heaven, should try this one too.
    thanks, book marked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cake looks fantastic :) Love the color and texture. I'm madly in love with mangoes and have got 100+ at home right now :) I will surely try this at home asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this really looks amazing !! wonderful cake ... keep posting these delicious recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi parita,
    Good to see u after long :P
    The cake looks super delicious...love the texture and colour.Thanks for the pictorial detailed recipe...
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so summery, bright n delightful ~ Stunning pound cake!
    US Masala

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect cake...nice yellow colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's simple and it's yum....looks extremely delectable.....sounds a perfect mango cake recipe.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. cake looks delicious,..perfect for summers,.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No matter how old we become parents will continue to behave as if we are still their chotta bachha :-)I'm crazy about mangoes. Enjoying the season. lovely cake with great texture.
    Missing your presence in my blog...

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely colour and the pan is a beauty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely one Parita :) Stumbled upon your blog thru FB's bloggers Cafe !! lovely texture.. Is there a way I can make this without eggs??
    Happy to follow you :)
    Cheers
    Kalyani

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow wow wow, looks so perfect. Yummy looking cake. I tried ur choco muffins few days back and it has become a hit at home :) Will post it soon

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cake looks delicious....Gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow,wonderful cake,look at those bright yellow mangoes! What a beauty,yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg, look at that beautiful prefect looking pound cake,marvellous..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cake looks awesome,can we add mango essence?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super irresistible cake, looking so gorgeous. And the recipe is very easy to follow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love mango and I m planning to make this cake very soon..:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow .. what a beautiful pound cake .. pictures are awesome ..

    First time here and love your space.

    Happy to follow you :)

    Vardhini
    VardhinisKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cake looks absolutely yummy and with mango, it must be lipsmacking!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cake looks so perfect n yum ...with mango it's just so tempting

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving that rich yellow color and mango flavor - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Parita..just baked this goodie wt aphonso..the aroma is awesome..my son entered home sniffing, got to know I m baking wt Alphonso, so said..why r u using MY mangoes :D I love to hv juice, milkshake n simply :) I bet he will b the one to have max share! :D Tks for this lovely recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks delicious Parita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Parita, thanks for this recipe, v enjoyed the cake yesterday, all of us loved the taste, texture, flavor..i hv even shared wt frnds. Tks for posting. Keep posting such treats!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Parita this mango cake looks awesome, perfectly baked.

    ReplyDelete
  27. yum yumy yummy .. so tempting ...... very soft and spongy ... glad to follow u .......

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hai Parita
    How r u doing ....
    color looks vibrant n yummy cake

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a perfect color, mangoes are abundant now, right timing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Pariiiiii i just started following you and i am LOVING IT :D *dancing* :P but i ahve a question , i am alergic to eggs so cna i mae this without eggs ? :(

    ReplyDelete
  31. Everywhere its mangoes, mangoes and more mangoes. I love this season a lot. This mango cake looks yummy and delicious . Will try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  32. yummy yummy yummy.
    i wish we could taste it online...hehe.

    you got one of the most delicious blog sweety.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  33. That looks delicious. I haven't really played with mango as a baking ingredient too much, but looking at this, I just know I should!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looks so tempting and delicious.. Amazing color.. yummy !!
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  35. Looks absolutely fantastic Parita! I must must try this before sometime real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  36. That is one colorful mango pound cake. And looks very moist as well.

    ReplyDelete
  37. thanks for sharing this healthy recipe. i love mangoes and i really wanna eat some mango cake. thanks for posting. keep on blogging. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a vivid yellow colour! I hope I could achieve it too!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awesome recipe.... made this cake and it was marvellous. Love your blog :)

    Its an inspiration..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I think there is too much flour in this recipe..and it isnt sweet enough..totally depends on how sweet your puree it. I omitted half cup of the flour and tried it. I think a lil lesser baking soda would be great for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  41. half the sugar and double the mango is my verdict..maybe slices would boost the flavour without stuffing the ratios

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my kitchen. Please feel free to pen down your suggestions and comments. If you have any questions or queries please email me at paritasworld@gmail.com or leave a comment. I will try to answer it as soon as possible. Hope you enjoyed your visit here :)