Making pizza at home from scratch was on my to-do list from a very long time, ever since i saw on Deeba's blog. Finally i made pizza at home and i must say they were pretty damn good!!! I must admit I am not a big fan of pizzas, probably I am the only person who does not like pizzas :( I do like whole wheat pizza that too without cheese!! . Most of my friends here like either cheese pizza or Margherita, whereas i like mine with lots of veggies and spices as you can see in the clicks. The recipe for the pizza base i have adapted from Deeba's blog, the original recipe you can find here. The crust is made using whole wheat and all purpose flour and for topping i have used baby corns, onions, spring onions, bell peppers, jalapenos and cheese. You can use whatever veggie you have in hand. Sending this to Bread Baking Day, BBD # 21 hosted by Zorro where this month's theme is Pizza!! Also sending this to Priya's AFAM:Bell Peppers event started by Maheshwari.Ingredients for Pizza Base: 3 cups all purpose flour 2 cups whole wheat flour 2 tbsp fresh yeast 1 tbsp salt 1 tbsp sugar 2 cup warm water 2 tbsp olive oil For Pizza sauce: 4 medium tomato pureed 1 onion finely chopped 1 tbsp fresh cream 1 tsp olive oil 1 - 2 tsp sugar(i used brown sugar) 1 tsp dry basil leaves Salt and pepper to taste For topping: Topping can be any veggie of your choice, I used bell peppers, baby corns, onions, spring onions, jalapenos, sweet corns etc Procedure:
- Add the yeast, salt and sugar in warm water and keep aside for 10 to 15 mins until frothy.
- Mix both the flours, add in oil and warm water and knead into a soft dough.
- Flour a smooth surface and knead the dough for about 8 to 10 mins, until smooth and shiny.
- Transfer the dough into greased bowl, cover the top of the dough with oil and let it rest at a cool, dry place for about 2 hours.
- I covered mine with a foil and let it rest for 2.5 hours.
- The dough will rise almost double, punch the dough to remove the air. Divide the dough in 3 balls.
- For Pizza sauce, heat olive oil in a sauce pan, add finely chopped onions, sauce them until light brown, now add pureed tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar. Cook for around 10 to 15 or until desired thickness achieved. Now add in fresh cream and basil leaves and simmer for 2 mins.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Top the dough with pizza sauce and veggies. Sprinkle cheese on top og the veggies.
- Bake the pizza at 225 C degrees for 30 to 35 mins, or until done.