I had prepared these rolls few weeks back as sunday evening snacks, easy to prepare and very tasty to eat. I am totally a snack person, i can live on snacks and savouries, can have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner :) Being totally foodie i miss mumbaiya chats and snacks here in swiss as we really donot get them so easily, so the only thing to do is to make them yourself. Though i love fried snacks i am very conscious about the calories i put on, hence i try to make them healthy as much as possible. Baking is a healthier option and you dont have to worry about the calorie meter too. Sweet and Spicy vegetable rolls..no i havent used sugar or jaggery in the filling but raisins, yes i love the mild sweetness of raisins along with spicy green chillies. For filling i have used grated mixed veggies. Serve these with sweet and sour sauce with salad . These are healthy and fulfilling. When making for kids add in some grated cheese and no kid will ever say No to this :)Ingredients: 10 spring rolls pastry sheets thawed 2 cups grated veggies like capsicum, carrots, cabbage 1 medium onion thinly sliced 2 green chillies chopped finely 1 tsp soy sauce Handful of raisins Salt to taste 1 tsp olive oil Procedure:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a pan heat oil, add in chopped green chillies and onions, lightly saute them for about 2-3 mins.
- Now add in the veggies, soy sauce, salt and raisins.
- Cook them for 5 mins until they have become soft.
- Take a spring roll pastry sheet and add little stuffing in the middle and fold in the sides as shown in the picture.
- Bake these rolls for about 10 mins, turn them around and again bake them for another 10 mins.
- Serve them hot with sweet and sour sauce or green chutney.