Thursday, April 1, 2010

Macaroni In Creamy Mascarpone Cheese Sauce

Dear All,

Homemade Mascarpone Cheese,Macaroni with Cheese,Macaroni In Mascarpone Cheese Sauce,Mascarpone Cheese Sauce,Homemade Pasta Sauce
Pasta is something which I love a lot but my sister R is absolutely crazy behind them. Frankly I have never seen a person so crazy behind pastas as much as her. Even if she hears the name pasta her eye balls pop out and her head automatically turns that direction. Infact the only reason she loves to attend weddings these days are because she will be able to eat different types of pastas..lord! Another thing she is too fond of is cheese! Yes cheese and butter are her favorites and I am always very jealous of her as she eats goodies loaded with butter and cheese without even putting on few hundred grams whereas I put on even if i smell it! The last part was just an exaggeration but its quite true, I am sure you all must have come across many individuals who dont really put on weight even if they eat very fattening. Isnt that unfair???

Homemade Mascarpone Cheese,Macaroni with Cheese,Macaroni In Mascarpone Cheese Sauce,Mascarpone Cheese Sauce,Homemade Pasta Sauce
After successfully making mascarpone cheese at home, its become my all time favorite and i try to incorporate it in my desserts as well and I dont need to mention that the results are amazing, some yummy desserts and cakes coming up soon! Last weekend my sister was having a gals night out at home. Well she wanted me to make some pasta as just like R her friends too were nuts about it! I already had some mascarpone cheese at home so I decided to make white sauce using mascarpone cheese. The experiment turned out quite well and everyone loved it! R had pasta for lunch and for dinner the next day, still  wondering about her madness for pastas? I will never understand!
Homemade Mascarpone Cheese,Macaroni with Cheese,Macaroni In Mascarpone Cheese Sauce,Mascarpone Cheese Sauce,Homemade Pasta Sauce


The recipe below will serve 6 to 8
Ingredients for Mascarpone Cheese Sauce:-
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup all purpose flour (maida)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese (100 gms), recipe here
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (any variety will do)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Pasta:-
Macaroni pasta 2 cups
1 big green bell pepper, chopped
1 big white onion. chopped
1 tsp olive oil
Some grated cheese for garnishing


Procedure:-
  • Prepare the pasta as instructed on the cover. Drain and keep aside.
  • In a pan, heat olive oil and add in the bell peppers and onions, lightly saute them for 3 to 4 mins. Remove from pan and keep aside.
  • In a heavy botton pan, preferrably non stick, melt the butter. Add in the flour and mix well, roast the flour for about 4 to 5 mins on low heat, make sure the flour does not get burnt.
  • Slowly add in the milk and keep on stirring to avoid any lumps. Make sure the gas on slow heat. Cook for 2 to 3 mins.
  • Now stir in the mascarpone cheese, salt and pepper and keep on stirring well.
  • Cook for 2 to 3 mins, finally add in the cheddar cheese and cook for another 2 mins.
  • Stir in the cooked pastas, bell peppers & onions and mix well, make sure you do it slowly as pasta tends to break easily and looks messy.
  • Garnish with some grated cheese and basil leaves. 
  • Serve hot!



Verdict? I too grabbed few spoonfuls each timing praying and promising myself that this one will be the last but I just couldnt stop and before I knew i had finished off an entire plate, yup the same one shown in the pics above! It was yummy and sinfully creamy! I am sure it will be a big hit with kids as well!

Easter and long weekend is coming up so here's wishing all my blog reader's a very Happy Easter and wonderful time with your families!

71 comments:

  1. My next post is also macroni in creamy but milky sauce...looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not too fond of Pastas,but off late I've acquired a taste for it.First time seeing Mascarpone cheese in savoury avtar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked the way u've done it Parita, nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks creamy, simple and delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once in a while pasta is ok for me, if it is creamy, scared of calories :( But cheesy is always tasty..... U ve used well the masca cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds and looks delicious!! Yeah, envy people who eat, yet do not put one weight:-((

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mascarpone is one of fav cheese! love to have them in pasta like this.. looks super tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats an interesting thought..to make white sauce using mascarpone cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummm sweety. And its so true that some people dont put on weight if they eat loads too and I am one among them ;) Hope I continue to be that way :)

    Lovely pasta and will surely have to try the mascarpone cheese soon. I see it quite often in the blogs these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Parita, Loved ur idea of using mascarpone to make sauce. The link to it's recipe is non functional just check that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the recipe...looks yummy and pristine white!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow pasta makes me hungry, absolutely delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  13. this dish looks very creamy and rich and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pasta is looking yummy!nice presention!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have several friends who are like that. I wish I had their metabolism!!! hahahaha...


    Delicious mac and Cheese. It's definitely a comfort food that I can never get tired of.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hmmm...looks delicious.But I couldnt find the link for the mascapona cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here's another Pasta lover Parita and yeah i love Mac n cheese too, made some awhile ago but didn post about it yet :-)))
    Ur recipe sounds super delicious and amazingly yummy ....
    Ur sis sure loves u all the more now:-))))
    I wanna try the M.cheese too but didn find the link :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am not a big fan of Cheesy Pasta, but mouth watering indeed. I love the presentation and clicks !!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That bowl of pasta looks so fulfilling n yumm...gr8 recipe

    ReplyDelete
  20. the pasta looks delicious parita .... & the pictures r very tempting...........

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks yummy !!!! Mac and cheese is always hit in homes that too with kids. Yummy I love mascarpone.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear paerita
    Simply awesome..feeling bad that I will be leaving the cheese country in 2 weeks..
    will try this, if i get the cheese in Milano this weekend.
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  23. pasta and mascarpone sounds like an awesome combo.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks yummy and delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  25. this looks delicious and a nice recipe to..please send it to my event ..for detals check here http://creativesaga.blogspot.com/2010/03/pasta-with-broccoli-and-mushrooms-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Creamy cheesy pasta!
    Happy Holidays:))

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am soo envious of people who eat but don't put on weight... I have never made pasta with mascarpone before... must try this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love macroni and cheese and this just looks so creamy delcious.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you all for your sweet comments, I have now updated the link for making homemade mascarpone cheese, do try, its worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome!!! looks so perfect and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. A deliciously creamy and cheesey pasta dish, yummy!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  32. Soooo creamy and delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Drool ... mascarpone! what an elegant way to have macaroni.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yummy pasta recipe..Happy Easter to you too !

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi, even I don't like pasta, but that is what I am going to get to eat!!, then I don't mind eating eat!!, I usually make my pasta's spicy so I can eat it!! and put lot of cheese in my kids :), I still have not tried a white creamy sauce, may be tomorrow!!, My kids love it.., that looks great!!, I too have home made mascaropone at home I will give this a try, thanx for the recipe, love

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow,yummy dish! Even yesterday when I was going thro the post,was wondering if the link was not working for me,but now I saw means the link is there :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is very tempting pasta ..

    I am so addicted beautiful click ,,

    ReplyDelete
  38. looks so wonderful... I would love to have a plate too...

    ReplyDelete
  39. macroni luks perfect..yummy..pls collect the award from my blog

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is a beautiful bowl of pasta! The combination of mascarpone and cheddar sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  41. One of my favourite dishes. I am drooling and it's still early in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Healthy n nutritious recipe with lovely presentation. wonderful space u have. Happy to follow u dear. Do drop in at my blog sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love pasta too! And this macaroni - so rich and delicious with mascarpone! I wouldn't be able to resist either. Hope you had a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Delicious looking pasta Parita! I love making mascarpone at home ever since I found the recipe on Deeba's site. It's so simple but rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hey parita,
    I enjoyed reading ur cute write up...lol
    it's so true that one success pushes u to lead to another one :) and the pictures speakth all!!
    Kudos to the creamy pasta adoned with mascarpone :)
    Looking at it is a treat in itself!!
    keep up the inspiration ...
    God bless
    TC

    ReplyDelete
  46. pasta looks great... and beautiful pic too

    ReplyDelete
  47. This would have been the perfect recipe for my leftover mascarpone from the daring bakers challenge a while ago. Maybe I should make some more :) I think it's a good excuse :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Looks creamy and delicious. Nice click.

    ReplyDelete
  49. ive missed all ye delicious yummy dishes!!! pareee this is greattt!! and i can wait to try this for dinner :)
    have a lovely dayy!!
    cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Simple delicious pasta dishes are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hopping in here for the second time.. had to rush and forgot to comment...
    I love pasta...that too creamy...
    need to try my hands on mascarapone ..cream cheese...

    ReplyDelete
  52. Dear Parita
    I am bit irregular in reading posts..and missing many great recipes..This pasta is awesome ..I shall try it.
    Thanks for your comment at my blog..I was thinking about you because I am sitting in Zurich..came here for a day to meet my brother's daughter..
    Wont see places , no time..
    have nice week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  53. wow..this is awesome...my all time fav pasta...cheessy creamy pasta..but neva tried in mascapone...urs looks too perfect yar..will give a try

    ReplyDelete
  54. lovely click and wonderful dish parita.do visit my blog when you find some time.Following you.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wow!!! This looks very tasty..
    http://rumanarawat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wow!!! This looks very tasty..
    http://rumanarawat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  57. Sinfully delicious, isnt it?? I am soo tempted at the idea of savouring it, but always worried about the cals.. Lucky sis!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  58. I'm super-tempted; when is the serving? :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. I knw...ur sis is like mine and iam like u...i love butter and stuffs as such and just sniffing it makes me fat fat....and my sis eats ice cream eveeryday and is as thin as stick!!!!Thats truly unfair....
    btw,...beatiful recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  60. Id finish that bowl of pasta in a jiffy! delish!

    ReplyDelete
  61. You had me at "cheese" .. the fact that it's mascarpone just makes it extra devilish of u ;) Gorgeous pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  62. mascarpone in a savory treat!!! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love pasta too! And it's the one thing I can make for myself!! But unfortunately, I gain weight like nobody's business! Still, I'm going to attempt this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  64. yesss pastaaa are my lovee..i can live on it 24/7 hrs..i remember the day u made them..still my mouth is watering...thinking of itt...they were too creamyy and tasty'delicious...

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my kitchen. Please feel free to pen down your suggestions and comments. If you have any questions or queries please email me at paritasworld@gmail.com or leave a comment. I will try to answer it as soon as possible. Hope you enjoyed your visit here :)